Posted on behalf of Anderson Cummings on Feb 02, 2017 in Auto Accidents
Are you hosting or attending a Super Bowl party where alcohol will be served?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and local law enforcement want hosts and partygoers to plan ahead to help prevent people from driving home after they have been drinking.
That is why the NHTSA and law enforcement have partnered to create the Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk marketing campaign for Super Bowl Sunday. It offers practical tips on preventing impaired driving by anyone watching the big game.
Drunk driving is one of the biggest killers on American roadways. In 2015, almost 30 percent of traffic fatalities were caused by accidents involving an impaired driver, resulting in 10,265 deaths.
Tips to Avoid Drunk Driving
The NHTSA marketing campaign offers the following strategies for preventing drunk driving crashes after the big game:
- Choose a designated driver before you head to the party.
- Do not drink any alcohol if you are a designated driver – it is your responsibility to transport your friends home safely
- If your designated driver consumes alcohol, call a friend or a taxi to drive you home.
- Download the NHTSA SaferRide mobile app on your Android or Apple device to find a friend or cab to pick you up.
- If a friend tries to drive home after drinking, take his or her keys away and help this person find alternate transportation.
- If you are unable to find a sober driver, ask the host if you can stay for the night.
- If you are hosting a party and you do not drink alcohol, offer a ride to anyone who needs one at the end of the night.
- Encourage guests at your party to not consume too much alcohol at once.
- Serve food and non-alcoholic drinks to help prevent people from getting severely intoxicated.
You can find more Super Bowl safety information by visiting the Traffic Safety Marketing website.
Anderson & Cummings encourages fans to stay safe and find a sober driver this Super Bowl Sunday.
If you have been involved in an accident with a drunk driver, give our car accident lawyers in Ft. Worth a call for legal assistance. You could be entitled to compensation for any damages you have suffered.