Following a car crash or any other accident where you suffer significant injuries, the last thing you may be thinking about is filing a legal case. However, seeking legal help before the medical bills and other costs start piling up is a good idea. Fortunately, you can speak with a lawyer for free to discuss your situation and learn about your legal options.
What is a free case review with an injury lawyer and how does it benefit you?
Learn more about the benefit of free case reviews with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in Fort Worth.
Call Anderson & Cummings today. (817) 920-9000
How Do I Benefit From a Free Case Review With a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Anything advertised as free today probably sounds too good to be true. Yet, a case review with an injury lawyer is actually not only free but there is also no obligation to file a claim.
A free case review also provides you with several important benefits, including:
A Meeting With a Licensed Attorney
When injured victims think about an attorney consultation, they often worry about the cost and whether they can afford it. However, as personal injury lawyers, we do not charge for this meeting. There is also no obligation for you to file a claim or hire our services. It is an opportunity for you to learn about our firm, how we work and the types of cases we have handled. Most importantly, you also get to discuss your situation and find out if you might have a valid case.
Other benefits of a free case review include:
Getting Your Legal Questions Answered for Free
It is an opportunity to get answers to your legal questions without paying anything. For instance, you may wonder how long a personal injury claim typically takes or if the lawyer thinks you might have a winnable case.
Learning Whether You Have a Valid Case
Finding out if you may have a valid case benefits both you and the personal injury lawyer. It will not be helpful to you if you hire an attorney only to find out your case is not winnable. It also does not benefit our firm to invest in a case we do not think we can win.
Discussing Your Case By Phone or in Person:
We are prepared to discuss your case in a phone conversation, by secure video conferencing or in a face-to-face meeting.
The Reassurance That Your Meeting is Protected By Attorney-Client Privilege
This is one of the greatest benefits to potential clients. Keeping this in mind, we strongly encourage injured victims seeking legal help to be completely honest about the incident that caused them harm.
- Telling us if you think you may be partially at fault (but not the insurance company or anyone else). Why? We cannot share this information with anyone else due to the previously mentioned attorney-client privilege. Additionally, if we take your case, we can investigate what happened to determine if you are right about being partially at fault. Many injured victims feel guilty because they are seeking legal action but are not actually to blame for their accidents. Even if you did contribute to your accident in some way, you may still be able to recover some compensation for your damages. If you tell the insurance company you feel guilty or at fault in any way, however, it could hurt our claim. Insurers will likely do all they can to use your words against you to try to devalue or deny your claim.
- Clueing us in about any preexisting injuries or conditions – Trying to cover up past injuries or medical conditions always backfires. The insurance company has a right to view relevant medical records. If they find this information out and you did not disclose it, they can use it to cast doubt on your credibility and any other statements you make.
- Disclosing any prior driving convictions: This might include, for instance, a speeding ticket you did not contest.
If you hold something back, it could be extremely damaging to your claim and cost you thousands of dollars in potential compensation. It also makes it harder for us to develop a strategy that can help us to better protect your legal interests.
How Do I Prepare for a Case Review?
There are some questions we may ask you in your free case review about the incident that caused your injury. It can help to think through some of these common questions and be prepared to discuss them. For example:
- What details can you tell us about the accident? (Include when, where and how it happened)
- Do you have an accident or police report for the incident?
- Are there any photos of the accident scene or your injuries?
- Did you seek medical care after the accident?
- Were there any witnesses who saw what happened?
You should also prepare to ask us some questions, such as:
- How much will it cost if you choose to hire our services and when do you have to pay?
- What upfront costs will you have to pay if we represent you?
- Have we done any personal injury cases similar to yours?
- What kind of results have we gotten with those cases?
- What is the process for hiring our services?
- Do we have any experience as trial lawyers (if a settlement cannot be reached)?
It is a good idea to take notes during your free case review to help you recall important details later on.
What Happens If I Decide to Hire Your Services?
If you have a case and you decide to hire our firm, we will carefully review everything with you. There will be documents that you need to sign. We will also explain the costs and other fees for our services. However, it is important to understand that there is nothing for you to pay us either up front or while we manage your case. We want you to be able to focus on your recovery.
Need Legal Help After an Injury? Call Our Trusted Law Firm Today
Our firm has been representing injury victims in Texas for many years. We have recovered 100 million in compensation for our clients during that time.
We are deeply committed to holding at-fault parties accountable for their negligent acts. Call today to get started and learn how we may be able to benefit your claim.
No Upfront Costs. Proven Results. (817) 920-9000.